Here at the City of Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL), we sincerely acknowledge the concerns that our small business partners are facing, particularly during the current coronavirus crisis. Many of you have shared a number of issues that you feel can be addressed by ATL leadership to aid the small business community and help keep them viable now and in the near future. In response, to the greatest feasible extent, we will implement the following measures effective April 6, 2020:
- Expedite close-out on projects so retainage can be released as soon as possible.
- Continue to work with contractors to improve upon the time to process invoices and provide payment.
- For the next 12 months, where determined appropriate, reduce retainage to 5% on new projects.
- For the next 12 months, where reasonable, provide a subcontractor mobilization line item on new projects.
- On the ATL Next website, we will publish and provide updates on projects that are moving forward and which are on indefinite hold.
- We will not reduce minimum qualifications for upcoming new projects.
- Contractors experiencing staff turnover can coordinate with the Department of Aviation Safety and Security Credentialing Office for temporary badge deactivation and group training for new hires.
Click here to download official notice from the General Manager.